This thing took me longer than expected - so many great blogs to choose from! As I've recently returned from USA, I initially thought I would narrow it down to participants from there, though I discovered that many of them are currently behind on their things (pot... kettle... black, I know!). But as I wrote thing 3 for the programme about personal branding, I thought I'd take the opportunity to read and comment on some of those posts. I also already subscribe to a number of the blogs involved in CPD23, so I tried to discover new blogs. There were some really interesting reflections on personal branding (more on this when I write thing 3), and the ones I chose to comment on included:
- Dreaming in the stacks by Bibliojenni - who feels more comfortable with thinking of branding in terms of showing your online personality.
- CPD23 with I Read Lots by ireadlots - who was advised (at library school) to keep personal and professional interests separated. That's not something I tend to do (I favour a profersonal approach) so I was interested to hear about that.
- Thing Thinking by Archelina - who prefers to keep areas of her life separate.
- Chronicles of a Library Quest by agentK23 - because I love the hand-drawn images which form part of their brand.
- Shannon Robalino is being rather professional by srobalino - who uses some really great images in her blog posts.
- Headstrong Ways - who prefers to remain anonymous (and I am intrigued to know why).