Friday 7 October 2011

Thing 20 - Library Routes

Route 66 by JaviC, on Flickr

  by  JaviC 

I've previously written a few Library Routes posts recording some of my professional journey so please take a look at those if you want a full account but in summary this is my journey after sixth form until now:
  • BSc(Hons) Sports Science at University of Wales, Bangor
  • Voluntary library experience at school library and a public library
  • Public library job (library assistant on Sundays)
  • Graduate trainee at University of Wolverhampton (Wolverhampton campus)
  • Part-time paraprofessional position at University of Wolverhampton (Compton and Wolverhampton campus)
  • MScEcon in Information and Library Studies from Aberystwyth University (part time via distance learning)
  • Subject librarian (Education and Health) at University of Wolverhampton (Walsall campus)
  • CILIP West Midlands Marketing Officer
  • Branch Representative on CILIP Career Development Group committee
  • Evidence-based Research at Evidence Base, Birmingham City University
  • ALA ASCLA-NMRT liaison
I'm currently waiting for the results of my MSc (due December), planning Chartership (I'm hoping to register next year), and considering taking on more responsibility within CILIP West Midlands.

I think my route is quite typical, particularly the non-library undergraduate degree followed by a graduate traineeship and then the postgraduate library qualification. I've really enjoyed reading the journeys of other people on the Library Routes wiki, and I hope I remember to keep updating my own route as I progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment